The YBM’s Governors Council consists of outstanding legal personalities and business people such as :
- former presidents of the YBM,
- members of the judiciary,
- expert lawyers in their field of law,
- prominent business people from Quebec and Canada,
- the current Bâtonnier of the Bar of Montreal,
- the current Bâtonnier of the Barreau du Québec.
The members of the Governors Council are appointed by unanimous decision of the YBM’s Board of Directors.
The Governors Council acts as the YBM’s advisory committee; its expertise and ideas providing priceless guidance regarding YBM’s future direction. The members of the Governors Council meet twice a year to fulfill the following tasks:
- to serve on the jury during the Gala du JBM” Les leaders de demain”
- to advise on the YBM’s new projects and strategic directions discussed at the special session of the Board of Directors (usually the YBM’s Board of Directors caucus»)